The Donor Participation Project (DPP) convenes fundraising professionals who:
- Are concerned about the nationwide decline in donor participation (20 million US households lost between 2000-2016).
- Believe this can be solved by changing our fundraising practices and want to learn from peers who are moving the participation needle.
To that end, we meet monthly for a Lunch Analysis session:
- A 45-minute meeting that is a part book club, part scholarly discussion, part brainstorming session, and part support group. Each Lunch Analysis covers a specific topic in donor participation and has required reading and discussion.
- 5/18/2022 Video Marketing for Fundraisers with David Phu
- 6/8/2022 Lunch Analysis with Dr. Rod Githens and Mindy Danovaro
- 7/12/2022 Leadership Skills for Fundraisers with Craig Evans
- 8/17/2022 Lunch Analysis with Debbie Meyers
- 9/14/2022 Operationalizing DEI in Fundraising: A Practical Conversation
- 10/12/2022 Lunch Analysis with Julia Campbell
- Project Kickoff: How We Gather Report (community-building, fundraising/engagement of Millenials)
- Growing Engagement Among Underrepresented Groups (summary and video)
- Monthly Giving: All or Nothing (summary and video)
- William & Mary’s Successful Giving Participation Strategy
- 2021 DPP Happy Hour
- Live Q&A with Jim Langley, Langley Innovations
- DPP: Small Group Discussions (the week after each monthly session)
- The University of TN’s Donor Participation Growth
- Donor Experience Mapping with Emily Taylor, teenyBIG
- Engagement to Major Gift: Lessons from Case Studies with Adam Platzer
- Trust & Authenticity: The Nonprofit Communications Culture Shift with Dr. William A. Donohue
- Advancement Job Fair
- Marketing Automation Study Group
- Gaming and eSports Fundraising: A New Frontier with Diego Scharifker, USO
- Put It to the Test: They Might Be Fundraisers with Kirk Schmidt
- What to Ask When Buying Tech with Julie Knight
- Why you Need a Donor Innovation Officer with Dan Lombardi
- Manage Complex Projects with Airtable by Jaemi Loeb
- 2021 Fundraising Year-In-Review
- Why People Give: Fundraising Recommendations from Behavioral Science by Russell James, Ph.D.
- DPP Meetup in NYC
- Lunch Analysis Session with Mark Schaefer
- Starting from the End: Purdue’s Approach to Transformational Gifts
- DPP Conference: A New World for Nonprofit Communications hosted by Russell James, Ph.D.
- DPP Conference: Grow Engagement from Historically-excluded Groups – Starting TODAY
- DPP Conference: Scrappy Innovation : Get More Done With Tools You Already Have
- DPP Conference: New Rules of Co-creation : The Future of Major Gift Fundraising hosted by Jim Langley
Enter your email now to join any of our learning & discussion sessions or access past materials:
We will only use your email for information about the Donor Participation Project and will never share your information with anyone else. Consult our information-sharing practices.