Donor Participation Project
The Donor Participation Project (DPP) convenes fundraising professionals who:
- Are concerned about the nationwide decline in donor participation (20 million US households lost between 2000-2016).
- Believe this can be solved by changing our fundraising practices and want to learn from peers who are moving the participation needle.
To that end, we meet monthly for a Lunch Analysis session:
- A 45-minute meeting that is a part book club, part scholarly discussion, part brainstorming session, and part support group. Each Lunch Analysis covers a specific topic in donor participation and has required reading and discussion.
As Featured In
- Recordings for all sessions are available in our Resource Library.
- Growing Engagement Among Underrepresented Groups (summary and video)
- Monthly Giving: All or Nothing (summary and video)
- William & Mary’s Successful Giving Participation Strategy
- 2021 DPP Happy Hour
- Live Q&A with Jim Langley, Langley Innovations
- DPP: Small Group Discussions (the week after each monthly session)
- The University of TN’s Donor Participation Growth
- Donor Experience Mapping with Emily Taylor, teenyBIG
- Engagement to Major Gift: Lessons from Case Studies with Adam Platzer
- Trust & Authenticity: The Nonprofit Communications Culture Shift with Dr. William A. Donohue
- Advancement Job Fair
- Marketing Automation Study Group
- Gaming and eSports Fundraising: A New Frontier with Diego Scharifker, USO
- Put It to the Test: They Might Be Fundraisers with Kirk Schmidt
- What to Ask When Buying Tech with Julie Knight
- Why you Need a Donor Innovation Officer with Dan Lombardi
- Manage Complex Projects with Airtable by Jaemi Loeb
- 2021 Fundraising Year-In-Review
- Why People Give: Fundraising Recommendations from Behavioral Science by Russell James, Ph.D.
- DPP Meetup in NYC
- Lunch Analysis Session with Mark Schaefer
- Starting from the End: Purdue’s Approach to Transformational Gifts
- DPP Conference: A New World for Nonprofit Communications hosted by Russell James, Ph.D.
- DPP Conference: Grow Engagement from Historically-excluded Groups – Starting TODAY
- DPP Conference: Scrappy Innovation : Get More Done With Tools You Already Have
- DPP Conference: New Rules of Co-creation : The Future of Major Gift Fundraising hosted by Karen Osborne and Jim Langley
- Video Marketing for Fundraisers with David Phu
- Fundraiser’s Pep Talk & Presenting DPP Intro Club!
- Donor-Focused Communication with Debbie Meyers
- Keynote at RNL Advancement Innovation Summit (DPP members get full access)
- Social Media in 20 Minutes per Day with Julia Campbell
- Strategies for the Startup Development Office with Heather Thompson, CDO at Norwescap
- What to Ask When Hiring a Consultant with Anne Murphy and Julie Knight
- Lunch Analysis on Planned Giving with Ann Kolakowski, CAP®, CFRE
- Lunch Analysis with Juan Mones, Head of Global Fundraising Innovation, UNICEF
- Lunch Analysis with Woodrow Rosenbaum, Chief Data Officer at GivingTuesday
- Making the Case for Investing in Advancement with Peter Fardy
- Building an Operating System for your Fundraising Shop with Mike Duerksen
- Bring your own AI: Tips, Tricks and Experiments
- Lunch Analysis with Kevin Schulman, The Agitator
- T-shaped Model for Nonprofit Growth with Prof. Gia Nardini, FAU
- Lunch Analysis with Prof. Uri Gneezy, UCSD
Enter your email now to join any of our learning & discussion sessions or access past materials:
We will only use your email for information about the Donor Participation Project and will never share it with anyone else. Consult our information-sharing practices.