Louis Diez advises nonprofits in annual fund development, digital fundraising, and engagement strategies.
Previously, he was Executive Director of Annual Giving at Muhlenberg College, Director of the Annual Fund and Development Business Operations at the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra and Associate Director of Development at Johns Hopkins SAIS. In these roles, he led teams that created growth in number of donors and dollars raised through a model he calls the Sustainable Revenue Engine.
Of varied interests, Louis holds an MBA from CUNEF, a PhD in Business Administration from Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (both in Spain), and an MM in Music Performance from the University of TN. His thesis applied neural networks to predict economic performance indicators. He has also published articles on the investment value of musical instruments, edited peer-reviewed papers exploring applications for economic theories of legitimacy, and been featured in the music business section of the College Music Society’s journal.
Work with Louis
Recent publications and interviews:
- AI tools for fundraisers
- The Donor Growth Podcast
- RNL Advancement Innovation Summit. Opening Keynote: The Future of Donor Participation
- Talking Donor Retention with Louis Diez, Muhlenberg College
- Community Funded Webinar: Louis Diez presents The Modern Annual Fund
- Fundraisers: Up Your Email Game. A White Paper on Email use in Nonprofit Development and Advancement
- Fundraising Appeal Checklist