How have you tried to broaden your donor base and make it more representative? What has worked for you? What backfired?
As part of the Donor Participation Project, this Lunch Analysis session will be guided by Patrick Powell, AVP of Volunteer Engagement and Donor Philanthropy at Morehouse School of Medicine.
An expert in donor engagement and community-building, Patrick is part of one of the fastest-growing institutions in the country at Morehouse School of Medicine.
Brainstorm and Discuss this Topic With Peers During our September 16 Lunch Analysis
Lunch Analysis is a 45-minute meeting that is a part study group, part scholarly discussion, part brainstorming session, and part support group. Participation is open to all who fundraise or have fundraised at a nonprofit.
Each Lunch Analysis covers a specific topic in donor participation and has required preparation and discussion. This one will be on September 16, 2020 at noon EST.
Take a moment to jot down the answer to the following questions:
- What is the percentage of alumni giving/participation for your Black and or Latino donors?
- Has leadership placed an emphasis on engaging donors of color at your institution?
- If yes, what are the strategies or best practices you’re utilizing to identify and cultivate this constituent group(s)?
- If no, what do you perceive the barriers are to these discussions?
- How has that impacted your desire to cultivate these specific groups if at all?
- Have you experienced any success or rejection as a result?
I verify that all participants are from a legitimate nonprofit fundraising organization.