Do you want to grow your skills by learning about gaming, esports, and streaming fundraising?
In 2021, gaming fundraisers raised millions for nonprofits. And the amounts are growing every year!
As a professional fundraiser, do you believe you have a duty to learn about this brand-new way of fundraising?
Whether you’re a gamer or not, learn how to raise funds for your organization with this practical, hands-on course.
Join gaming experts April Stallings, Kirk Schmidt, Diego Scharifker, and Marcus Howard and the Donor Participation Project community over four weeks to learn to leverage gaming as a powerful engagement, community-building, and fundraising tool for your nonprofit.
As part of the course, you will be playing a real gaming tournament with your colleagues!
Scholarships are available. Please apply here.
Team signups and invoicing. Please contact email@example.com if you want to register more than one team member at a time and for other billing/invoicing needs.
Week 1 – The Basics of Gaming and the Esports Industry
September 9, 2022 at 1pm ET
with April Stalling, Gaming and Influencer Community Manager at Make-A-Wish International
Learn the basics of gaming and the gaming/esports industry. Who plays video games? How many people? Are there constituents in your community that are gamers?
- Get practical tips and sector-wide knowledge to evaluate gaming engagement and fundraising as a tool at your nonprofit.
- Learn about the gaming ecosystem and different types of games.
- Understand the different platforms.
- Set up to start playing video games with others!
- Gain familiarity with the tournament game
- You will be asked to play one game before week 2. This can be done on many platforms, including PC, Mac, Android and iPhone.
Week 2 – Streaming and Community Tools
September 16, 2022 at 1pm ET
with Kirk Schmidt, Product Manager, Wisely
This session will teach you how to share your game with others and enjoy safe group conversations with your community.
- Stream your game to the Internet (Twitch, Facebook, and many other platforms!).
- Streaming tools: Restream, OBS, Stream Elements.
- Discord: your gamer community’s gathering place.
- Moderating your stream. Make sure your community has a safe, enjoyable time playing together.
Week 3 – Engagement and Fundraising through Gaming
September 23, 2022 at 1pm ET
with Diego Scharifker, Corporate Development Officer – Gaming Partnerships at The USO
and Dan Long, Community Manager, Content Creation, St. Baldrick’s Foundation
Fundraise with your gaming community. Learn fundraising strategies and tactics for peer-to-peer, corporate, and celebrity streamer fundraising.
- Fundraise with your gaming community. How to set up and leverage Tiltify and other donation platforms
- Fundraising tactics (i.e. stretch goals and special tasks) and incentive design for both streamers and donors
- How to plan a gaming peer-to-peer campaign
- Recruiting (popular) streamers that will activate YOUR community
- Leverage corporate partnerships
Week 4 – Game Time!
September 30, 2022 at 1pm ET
with Marcus Howard, CEO at MetArena
It’s game time! Compete with fellow fundraisers all over the world in an esports tournament.
If you win, you obtain glory and a chance to designate donations from our sponsors to the nonprofit of your choice.
Everybody else will join the official DPP stream and cheer their favorite fundraiser to victory.
With thanks for the support of these forward-looking organizations