Join the International Videogaming Giving Day to showcase your nonprofit, engage your community, and attract diverse groups to your org!
BREADTH: Two thirds of people in the US play video games.
PHILANTHROPY: Gamers and streamers raise millions of dollars for nonprofits every year!
WHEN: On November 15, 2022, the US National Philanthropy Day
Interested? We’ll provide you with everything you need to learn about video game, streaming, and esports fundraising. We’ll give you tools, training, and info to invite your community to the event.
Here are some of the nonprofits that have already expressed interest:
We expect over 100 participating nonprofits. Don’t miss out!
Want to learn more? Here’s how it works
- Join the waitlist for the National Videogaming Giving Day on 11/15
- Each nonprofit will choose one or multiple champions among their staff. No prior gaming knowledge required! Champions will receive training over the month of September through this course: Level Up your Gaming Fundraising
- Nonprofit champions will compete against each other in a fun, family-oriented game. They will be able to win donations for their nonprofits in different categories
- Invite your entire community to cheer your champions along. If you want to, you’ll be able to invite them to make gifts to your nonprofit through your preferred channel.
What’s in it for my nonprofit?
- Capacity building and professional development: learn about this new way to engage and fundraise
- Engage your donor community in a new and exciting way through this national event
- If you decide to, invite them to support you on your nonprofit’s streaming page
- Join a nationwide event with wide visibility and a built-in audience
Nonprofit champions will have a chance to win donations for their nonprofit based on how they do in the fun, family-oriented game we’ll be playing.
Is there a cost for charities to participate?
The Videogaming Giving Day is open to all nonprofits at no cost. The 4-week course has a $150 fee to pay our speakers. If your org doesn’t have a professional development budget, there are full scholarships available.
Does the charity select staff to participate as a video gamer or do we recruit donors?
The course is designed to teach fundraisers about gaming, but you can certainly recruit a donor to be your champion for the giving day (and have them go through the course too).
You shared a link for a 4-week training on this topic. Is this a resource or a must do?
The course is optional.
How do charities recruit participants?
We’ll give you assets (social media/email) to invite your community to join your champion’s stream during Videogaming Giving Day.
What is the prize money and who is offering it? Do we also get the opportunity to raise funds in addition to the prize money?
We’re finalizing details on prize categories and amounts, which will be offered by sponsors. Winners of the tournament will be able to designate a nonprofit to receive the donations.
What resources are needed from our end to make this successful?
It can be as simple as having a staff member go through the course and learn the tools, most of which are free.
If you’d like to fundraise during the Videogaming Giving Day, you can use your own giving platform. You will also learn how to use some of the giving platforms most commonly used by streamers/gamers.
This is an initiative of the Donor Participation Project, a community of 1,800+ fundraisers who meet monthly to increase the number of people giving to nonprofits.